More time with your kids, making the money you know you’re worth and a better work/life balance. No wonder more women than ever are choosing to be become freelance mums.
In the last decade, 70% more mums have chosen to go freelance. Annie Ridout was one of them. And in her enlightening new book, she shares the tips and tricks that helped her build a better working life around her family.
From choosing a career and launching a website, to getting your name out there and perfecting your brand, to the nitty gritty of childcare options and daily routines, The Freelance Mum is a comprehensive guide to setting out on your own path.
Using her own experience, alongside advice from other mums that make it work, including Arianna Huffington, Scummy Mummies, Carrie-Anne Roberts, Robyn Wilder, Zoe de Pass, Cherry Healey, Sali Hughes and Anna Jones, Annie will show that with hard work and determination, any mother can thrive as a freelancer.
Reviews of The Freelance Mum: A flexible career guide for better work-life balance
- ‘Annie Ridout’s book will be an indispensable guide for anyone juggling freelance work with childcare, or parents who want to reclaim their work/life balance by being their own boss. If only this game-changing book had been around when I was on maternity leave!’ Rosamund Dean, Grazia
- ‘So many women find their careers cut off at the elbow as soon as they become pregnant – this book sounds like it could be really helpful for navigating the disconnect between family and work’ Eva Wiseman, Observer
- ‘This is an area that sorely needs innovation and creative solutions and Annie’s website The Early Hour shows she’s exactly the woman for the job. I’m sure her book is going to become a real bible for freelancers and anyone who’s doing the daily juggle’ Brigid Moss, Red
- ‘An invaluable tool for anyone considering making the leap to freelancing’ STYLIST
- ‘Essential reading for all working parents…Read it and take the plunge’ GUARDIAN