THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
Transform your life using the Bullet Journal Method, the revolutionary organisational system and worldwide phenomenon.
The Bullet Journal Method will undoubtedly transform your life, in more ways than you can imagine’ Hal Elrod, author of The Miracle Morning
In his long-awaited first book, Ryder Carroll, the creator of the enormously popular Bullet Journal organisational system, explains how to use his method to:
- TRACK YOUR PAST: using nothing more than a pen and paper, create a clear, comprehensive, and organised record of your thoughts and goals.
- ORDER YOUR PRESENT: find daily calm by prioritising and minimising your workload and tackling your to-do list in a more mindful and productive way.
- PLAN YOUR FUTURE: establish and appraise your short-term and long-term goals, plan more complex projects simply and effectively, and live your life with meaning and purpose.
Like many of us, Ryder Carroll tried everything to get organised – countless apps, systems, planners, you name it. Nothing really worked. Then he invented his own simple system that required only pen and paper, which he found both effective and calming. He shared his method with a few friends, and before long he had a worldwide viral movement. Hundreds of thousands of Bullet Journal fans now spread the word and read Ryder’s blog and newsletter.
The system combines elements of a wishlist, a to-do list, and a diary. It makes it easy to get thoughts out of your head (an unreliable witness) and onto paper, to see them clearly and decide what to do about them. It helps you identify what matters, and set goals accordingly. By breaking long-term goals into small actionable steps, users map out an approachable path towards continual improvement, allowing them to stay focused despite the crush of incoming demands.
But this is much more than a time management book. It’s also a manifesto for what Ryder calls “intentional living”: making sure that your beliefs and actions align. Even if you already use a Bullet Journal, this book gives you new exercises to become more calm and focused, new insights on how to prioritise well, and a new awareness of the power of analogue tools in a digital world.
Reviews of The Bullet Journal Method: Track Your Past, Order Your Present, Plan Your Future
- ‘The Bullet Journal Method completely changed the way I work and my productivity levels immediately shot up. It’s a system I feel like I’ll use forever as it adapts with me and lends itself to my busy lifestyle’ Lily Pebbles
- ‘Bullet journaling is one of the most elegant and effective productivity systems I’ve ever encountered. It will not only help you get more organised but will also help you become a better person. I highly recommend this book (and the method it details) for anyone looking to get more out of life’ Cal Newport, author of Deep Work
- ‘Whether you are an avid journaler or have always wanted to explore the benefits of journaling, The Bullet Journal Method simplifies the power of putting pen to paper and will undoubtedly transform your life, in more ways than you can imagine’ Hal Elrod, author of The Miracle Morning
- ‘A month in, and I am surprised by how well this system has kept me on task. I have retired my other organising apps. The physicality of my notebook stops me from getting distracted when I am planning my day. It is nice to have a single log of where and how I spend my time. And, crucially, I am much more productive. My email inbox no longer dictates my priorities for the day’ Lilah Raptopoulos, Financial Times
- ‘As well as the journal’s ability to organise and prioritise tasks, the popularity of pages dedicated to tracking aspects such as mood and gratitude has led experts to believe that bullet journals could be effective in combatting anxiety – as they make tasks easier to approach and deal with’ Independent
- ‘I’ve been using my bullet journal daily since the beginning of January, and I’m low-key obsessed!’ Buzzfeed
More from Ryder Carroll