Sugar is toxic, addictive and everywhere. So what chance do you have of living sugar-free?
With busy lives and little time left for cooking we find ourselves relying on a diet of processed food. But this is what’s responsible for our chronically expanding waistlines, soaring levels of diabetes and a catalogue of diseases.
Dr Robert Lustig reveals the truth about our sugar-laden food:
- Why conventional low-fat weight loss advice won’t work: not every calorie is the same, and skipping lunch doesn’t mean it’s ok to eat dessert
- Why too much sugar can cause serious illness even if you are not overweight
- How the food industry is filling our diets with hidden sugars – and which foods you must cut out to avoid them
- How governments are complacent about, and even complicit in, exacerbating our food debacle
He will radically change the way you see your food and give you more than a fat chance of a healthier, happier and smarter life!
Reviews of Fat Chance: The Hidden Truth About Sugar, Obesity and Disease
- A top ten New York Times bestseller
- ‘Lustig has all the shocking facts at his finger tips, but he also has strategies to help us wean ourselves off the white stuff. The result, he promises, won’t be just fitter bodies, but sharper minds too: the book to get your new year off to a virtuous start.’ Guardian, Books of the Year
- ‘This important book could finally push you to shed those extra pounds, if not save your life’ Evening Standard
- ‘A fascinating new book’ Daily Mail
- ‘Fascinating and topical.’ Daily Express
- ‘His lucid and well-informed analysis should help inform the debate on this ever-expanding problem.’ Sunday Times
- ‘Lustig explains the biochemistry of metabolism, and the vicious cycle of obesity, with patient clarity’ Guardian
- ‘Lustig offers way that we can help ourselves and improve our health … but his chief aim is a new regulatory climate’ Telegraph
- ‘Crammed full of hard-hitting insights that may shock the reader into immediate dieter change (and it did me)’ Barbara J King, TLS
- ‘The best book I’ve read on the relationship between diet and health.’ Dr Andrew Weil
- ‘Lustig has all the shocking facts at his finger tips, but he also has strategies to help us wean ourselves off the white stuff … the book to get your new year off to a virtuous start’ The Guardian, ‘Food Books of the Year’