The international bestseller about friendship, second chances, and a tiny glow-in-the-dark pink elephant
‘The most enjoyable novel I’ve read all year’ Elizabeth McKenzie, author of The Portable Veblen
‘I loved Elefant! It was a complete tonic‘ Seni Glaister, author of The Museum of Things Left Behind
‘It’s easy to fall in love with this novel because it’s easy to fall in love with its main character, a tiny, glowing, pink elephant.’ Homer Hickam, author of Carry Albert Home
What would you do if you woke up to see a living, breathing, tiny, glowing, pink elephant? If you’re anything like Schoch, who lives on the streets of Zürich and is decidedly down on his luck, you might well think it’s time to put away the bottle before your hallucinations get any stranger, and go back to sleep.
But what if the tiny pink elephant is still there when you wake up? And clearly needs someone to take care of it? And what if you discover that it’s been created through genetic engineering, by a group of scientists who just want to use it to get rich and don’t care about the elephant’s welfare? And that they’re in cahoots with a circus and will stop at nothing to get it back?
What if this little elephant is about to change your life?
Reviews of Elefant
- ‘Fast-paced and unapologetically charming’ Tatler
- ‘The most enjoyable novel I’ve read all year’ Elizabeth McKenzie, author of The Portable Veblen
- ‘I loved Elefant! It was a complete tonic’ Seni Glaister, author of The Museum of Things Left Behind
- ‘A very gripping story which tugs at your heartstrings’ Neue Deutsche Rundfunk, Hannover
- ‘The topic (genetic engineering) is serious, the pace swift, the plot excellently constructed.’Tages-Anzeiger, Zürichhello
- ‘A quirky tale composed with tangible joy’ Landshuter Zeitung
- ‘Written in short chapters, like a thriller, and rich in flashbacks and jumps forward, Elefant is a gripping read’ Les Echos Weekend, France
- ‘It’s easy to fall in love with this novel’ Homer Hickam, author of Carrying Albert Home
- ‘A mind-blowing contemporary fable … endearing, bizarre, irresistible and exhilarating’ Page des Libraires, France