From the author of Slaughterhouse 5.
In Rabo Karabekian’s fictional autobiography, Vonnegut creates an impeccably funny satirical piece, through the reflections of a seventy-one-year-old man.
Reviews of Bluebeard
- ‘Vonnegut is at his edifying best.’ The Philadelphia Inquirer
- ‘The quicksilver mind of Vonnegut is at it again … He displays all his talents satire, irony, ridicule, slapstick, and even a shaggy dog story of epic proportions.’ The Cincinnati Post
- ‘[Kurt Vonnegut is] a voice you can trust to keep poking holes in the social fabric.’ San Francisco Chronicle
- ‘It has the qualities of classic Bosch and Slaughterhouse Vonnegut … Bluebeard is uncommonly feisty.’ USA Today
- ‘Is Bluebeard good? Yes! … This is vintage Vonnegut-good wine from his best grapes.’ The Detroit News
- ‘A joyride … Vonnegut is more fascinated and puzzled than angered by the human stupidities and contradictions he discerns so keenly. So hop in his rumble seat. As you whiz along, what you observe may provide some new perspectives.’ Kansas City Star