Anna Jones is a brilliant young food stylist and recipe developer who trained with Jamie Oliver. Her first cookbook is an exciting collection of contemporary vegetarian recipes that are healthy, nourishing and delicious. Based on how Anna likes to eat day to day, it covers everything from a blueberry and amaranth porridge to start the day, to a quick autumn root panzanella or avocado, butterbean and miso salad, to a tomato and coconut cassoulet, a pistachio and squash galette, or mint, ricotta and courgette polpette for dinner.
The book will also include illustrated recipe spreads, for even more ideas: a guide to quick, tasty pestos, the best ever sandwiches, or food for when you’re under the weather.
Reviews of A Modern Way to Eat
- ‘A Modern Way to Eat is a gorgeous revelation of a book. Vegetarian food that feels exciting and vibrant, by an author who writes and cooks with authenticity and passion. I will be buying it for everyone.’ Sophie Dahl
- ‘Anna Jones has discovered exactly how, with imagination and good taste, to create exciting and delicious vegetarian recipes that fit the modern requirement of nourishment – not forgetting the economical side either. Well done Anna.’ Antonio Carluccio
- ‘I can give you my word, these recipes not only work, they are also mind-blowingly delicious. So if you need more from your food, meals that are good for you, and the planet, tasty, beautiful, and unapologetically-meat-free, Anna’s recipes are an affirming win-win-win! Count me in.’ Tom Herbert, Fabulous Baker Brother
- ‘This is an excellent vegetarian book. Yep I said it. It’s bloody brilliant.’ Gizzi Erskine
- ‘Anna is a treasure. She’s the rare cook able to expertly explore the rich realm of possibilities at the intersection of health/wellness and deliciousness. Her food is inspired and fresh, satisfying and beautiful – vibrant food for a vibrant life.’ Heidi Swanson
- ‘Simple, seasonal, veg-led fare that is as delicious as it is virtuous … Clear and concise … Pretty as a picture, and mouthwatering to boot … fantastically useful … Even if you’re a die-hard carnivore, read what Jones has to say – her subtle, beautiful, delectable dishes might just bring you round.’ Guardian
- ‘It is a book of vegetarian recipes, but carnivores, do not be put off. Let’s say it is a book of deliciously invigorating dishes that happen not to contain any flesh.’ Rose Prince, Spectator, Books of the Year
- ‘My favourite vegetarian cookbook this year’ Bee Wilson, Stella magazine
- ‘The new Nigella’ William Sitwell, T2, The Times
More from Anna Jones
A Modern Way to Eat: Over 200 satisfying, everyday vegetarian recipes (that will make you feel amazing)Other