The ultimate in delicious, fresh food from the company who are dedicated to growing, producing and cooking real food, organically.
The Daylesford recipe for delicious eating is simple – organic produce of the utmost quality. Ingredients from local producers, seasonal crops, humanely-reared meat and a simplified supply chain guarantees food that’s fresh, ethically-produced and, most importantly, full of flavour.
This beautiful book will help you make Daylesford’s award-winning recipes at home, showing you how to live healthily and simply throughout the food calendar year. With everything – from seven-seed sourdough bread to quintessentially English spiced apple cake, as well as delicious meat and game dishes, including Daylesford’s favourite rabbit, cider and mustard pie – the principles of good wholesome food and seasonality lie behind each carefully crafted dish.
Mark every season, with ideas on how to use a glut of vegetables from your garden, tasty jams and relishes to stock your winter larder and mouth-watering fruit confections for the summer months. This is the essential cookery book for organic food lovers everywhere.
Reviews of A Love for Food: Recipes and Notes for Cooking and Eating Well
- ‘This book captures the very essence of Daylesford, which has promoted real, sustainably produced food from the start. I love their produce, their philosophy and this book.’ Tom Parker Bowles
- ‘My first ever experience of organic farming and produce was at Daylesford, which from that moment opened my eyes and taste buds to a whole other level. Working and cooking with organic produce from Daylesford made me look at food in a whole new way.’ Tom Aikens
- ‘Real, simple, organic and sustainable food is what Daylesford offers its customers – and these are the recipes for putting it on your table.’ Raymond Blanc
- ‘For many years Daylesford has represented a virtuous example among responsible citizens all over the world and, along with Slow Food, is working towards a good, clean and fair food system.’ Carlo Petrini
- ‘A book of recipes to enchant every cook. When I think of how organic farming has been transformed, I think of Daylesford and its extraordinary and very beautiful food.’ Rose Prince
- ‘What is not to love about their perfectly pitched seasonal flair? Mulled wine and orange trifle? Don’t mind if I do.’ Daily Mail, ‘Books of the Year’
- ‘Farmhouse cooking at its best’ Red Magazine
- ‘Full of updated British food with helpful advice about which variety of vegetable to grow.’ Country Life, ‘Books of the Year ‘