‘I have meditated repeatedly on what it was about Finn that had me so dismantled.’
A young woman moves from the countryside to the city.
Inexplicably, in¬exorably and immediately, she falls in love with another woman for the first time in her life.
Finn is nineteen years older than her, wears men’s clothes, has a cocky smirk of a smile – and a long-term girlfriend.
With precision, wit and tenderness, Women charts the frenzy and the fall out of love.
Reviews of Women
- ‘A beautiful read / a perfect primer for an explosive lesbian affair / an essential truth’ Lena Dunham
- ‘Her prose has a reckless beauty that feels to me like magic’ Cheryl Strayed
- ‘A breathless comet-book that commands an evening with your heart, and a next-day pass-along to all the women you treasure’ Bustle
- ‘One of the most endearing and exciting writers of a generation’ L A Review of Books
- ‘Heady, evocative and sensual. Caldwell’s exploration of relationships and identity blends brutal and fragile truths with great skill. A remarkable talent’ Anneliese Mackintosh
- ‘I’ll read anything Chloe Caldwell writes. She’s a rare bird: fearless, dark, prolific, unpretentious, and truly honest’ Elisa Albert