‘I have meditated repeatedly on what it was about Finn that had me so dismantled.’
A young woman moves from the countryside to the city.
Inexplicably, inexorably and immediately, she falls in love with another woman for the first time in her life.
Finn is nineteen years older than her, wears men’s clothes, has a cocky smirk of a smile – and a long-term girlfriend.
With precision, wit and tenderness, Women charts the frenzy and the fall out of love.
Reviews of Women
- ‘A beautiful read / a perfect primer for an explosive lesbian affair / an essential truth’ Lena Dunham
- ‘Her prose has a reckless beauty that feels to me like magic’ Cheryl Strayed
- ‘A breathless comet-book that commands an evening with your heart, and a next-day pass-along to all the women you treasure’ Bustle
- ‘One of the most endearing and exciting writers of a generation’ L A Review of Books
- ‘Heady, evocative and sensual. Caldwell’s exploration of relationships and identity blends brutal and fragile truths with great skill. A remarkable talent’ Anneliese Mackintosh
- ‘I’ll read anything Chloe Caldwell writes. She’s a rare bird: fearless, dark, prolific, unpretentious, and truly honest’ Elisa Albert