Written by award-winning Today presenter Mishal Husain, One Life will inspire, motivate, champion and encourage all women to reach their potential by focusing on the practical skills that make a difference.
Incorporating interviews with inspirational women from Martha Lane Fox to Sandi Toksvig, and featuring tips on how to present yourself, how to overcome self-doubt and how to plan for short and long-term goals, One Life will guide women of all ages towards honing the skills they need to survive and thrive in the modern world.
Reviews of The Skills: From First Job to Dream Job – What Every Woman Needs to Know
- ‘A compelling primer on how women can forge a path to success. The practicality and clarity of Husain’s advice offers a source of new strength for women in the daily battle to both fulfil their potential and get their due in the workplace’ Tina Brown
- ‘This book is a must-read for anyone (woman or man) who aspires to reach the top of their game’ Miriam González Durántez
- ‘From speaking up to rising up, this book is full of practical advice for young women ready to realise their full potential’ Malala Yousafzai
- ‘This is the perfect guide on how to get where you want to be’ Red
- ‘With the confidence and authority of a woman who has both attained her dream job and loves it, she meditates on what it took for her – and other women – to work their way there. This is not a memoir; it’s more a feminist manifesto’ Daily Mail
- ‘This is the new go-to handbook for every working woman’ Emerald Street
- ‘A brilliant book’ Claudia Winkleman
- ‘The Skills: A must-read new book by my BBC colleague @MishalHusainBBC. Her subtitle says it all: From first job to dream job, what every woman needs to know’ Christiane Amanpour