A long-awaited new cook book from rising food star Anna Jones, author of A Modern Way to Eat and A Modern Way to Cook, The Modern Cook’s Year is filled with hugely-inventive, easy recipes that will continue to transform vegetarian main meals into vibrant, energising food that everyone wants to eat.
Divided into six seasons, Anna Jones’s long-awaited new cook book contains over 250 delicious vegetarian recipes interspersed with tips on everything from seasonal music playlists to flowers to look out for in each month of the year.
The Modern Cook’s Year includes:
Start of the Year: Spelt with pickled pears and pink leaves and Chocolate and blood orange freezer cake; First Warm Days of Spring: Elderflower dressed broad beans and leaves with burrata and Chickpea farinata with slow cooked courgettes; Herald of Spring: Spring chickpea soup with salted lemons and Rhubarb and rose geranium frozen yoghurt; Summer: Smoked aubergine flatbreads and Beetroot tops tart; Autumn: Orzo with tomatoes and feta and Honey, lemon and coriander seed cake; Winter: Velvet squash broth with miso and soba and Chocolate rye porridge with quick honey pears.
Guiding you through the year, from the coldest winter days to the long light summer evenings, The Modern Cook’s Year is set to become a contemporary classic.
Reviews of The Modern Cooku2019s Year: Over 250 vibrant vegetable recipes to see you through the seasons
- ‘Cook yourself through the veg year with Anna Jones. What a triumph of a book’ Jamie Oliver
- ‘The new Nigella is unquestionably Anna Jones’ Sunday Times
- ‘Loving Anna Jones’s new book. So much wonderful food!’ Yotam Ottolenghi
- ‘What a treasure trove of fabulous vegetarian season ideas – I’m going to be using this book a LOT’ Felicity Spector
- ‘Stunning, original, informative, useful’ Elly Pear
- ‘Second only to Nigella in my book’ Sam Baker
- PRAISE FOR A MODERN WAY TO COOK:
- ‘Brilliant’ Nigel Slater
- ‘Jones’s appeal lies in the very tangible depths of flavour and wealth of texture at work in her dishes. So much so that their vegetarian nature passes you by, its simple, wonderful workable food that will undoubtedly make people happy … Anna Jones, you queen of greens, you’ve only gone and done it again’ Guardian Cook
- ‘Vegetarian recipes that can be produced in under 40, 20, even 15 minutes – you want to cook it all’ Book of the Week, Telegraph
- ‘Just as fabulous as her first … The bonus is that most of her recipes can be on the table in less than half an hour – which got us dashing to the kitchen’ Jamie Magazine
- PRAISE FOR A MODERN WAY TO EAT:
- ‘A simply brilliant book – modern, clever, beautiful and full of delicious recipes. Go Anna!’ Jamie Oliver
- ‘Anna Jones has discovered exactly how, with imagination and good taste, to create exciting and delicious vegetarian recipes that fit the modern requirement of nourishment – not forgetting the economical side either. Well done, Anna’ Antonio Carluccio
- ‘Simple, seasonal, veg-led fare that is as delicious as it is virtuous … Clear and concise … Pretty as a picture, and mouthwatering to boot’ Guardian
- ‘It is a book of vegetarian recipes, but carnivores, do not be put off. Let’s say it is a book of deliciously invigorating dishes that happen not to contain any flesh’ Rose Prince, Spectator, Books of the Year
- ‘My favourite vegetarian cookbook this year’ Bee Wilson, Stella magazine
More from Anna Jones
A Modern Way to Eat: Over 200 satisfying, everyday vegetarian recipes (that will make you feel amazing)Other