Working from home, with flexible hours, enables the new mother to find a better work-life balance – continuing to build her career, while being around for her young children. This is why there’s been a 70% increase in freelancing mums in the UK over the past decade.
This book will walk you through the necessary steps to setting up as a freelance mum. From deciding on your freelance career path, to launching a website, social media, getting your name out there and perfecting your brand. There is a comprehensive guide to the childcare options available to freelance mums, daily routines for optimum productivity, as well as tips on establishing and maintaining healthy work/life boundaries. Using her own experience, alongside tips and advice from a multitude of other freelance mums including Arianna Huffington, Scummy Mummies, Carrie-Anne Roberts, Robyn Wilder, Zoe de Pass, Cherry Healey and Anna Jones, Annie will show that with hard work and determination, any mother can thrive as a freelancer.
Reviews of The Freelance Mum
- ‘Annie Ridout’s book will be an indispensable guide for anyone juggling freelance work with childcare, or parents who want to reclaim their work/life balance by being their own boss. If only this game-changing book had been around when I was on maternity leave!’ Rosamund Dean, Grazia
- ‘So many women find their careers cut off at the elbow as soon as they become pregnant – this book sounds like it could be really helpful for navigating the disconnect between family and work’ Eva Wiseman, Observer
- ‘This is an area that sorely needs innovation and creative solutions and Annie’s website The Early Hour shows she’s exactly the woman for the job. I’m sure her book is going to become a real bible for freelancers and anyone who’s doing the daily juggle’ Brigid Moss, Red
- ‘An invaluable tool for anyone considering making the leap to freelancing’ STYLIST
- ‘Essential reading for all working parents…Read it and take the plunge’ GUARDIAN