New beauty products are launched every day, but which ones really do the job, underneath all of the packaging? And which longstanding classics deserve to be dusted off, before they are forgotten in amongst all the new trends?
In Pretty Iconic, Sali Hughes takes us through her favourite beauty finds, from beloved, treasured favourites such as Chanel No 5, to mould-breaking game changers such as M.A.C’s Ruby Woo, and finally the future classics, those newer releases which will stand the test of time.
In the ever-expanding world of beauty, Sali uses her peerless expertise to curate the beauty products, new and old, which no modern woman should be without.
Reviews of Pretty Iconic: A Personal Look at the Beauty Products that Changed the World
- ‘Sali’s new book is a wonderful mix of beauty nerdery, know-how, nostalgia and memoir’ Lauren Laverne
- ‘Beauty writing of the highest order’ India Knight
- ‘Funny, witty and wonderfully engaging, it’s more than an edit – it’s an encyclopaedia of beauty knowledge from one of the most trusted voices in the industry that should take pride of place on any beauty fan’s bookshelf’ Get the Gloss
- ‘Hughes corners the market in lively, practical advice, remaining as in touch with high-street as high-end brands’ Guardian Guide
- ‘Compulsive reading’ Alexandra Shulman
- ‘This book gives me serious nostalgia! Inside this beautiful book you’ll find 200 of the most iconic products to ever grace the world of beauty. It’s full of beautiful photos of some of my most loved lotions and potions, all of which Sali describes and discusses in her signature witty tone of voice. I love this book and I have no doubt that you will too’ Estee Lalonde