With recipes that reflect the places he calls home, from Northern Italy to North London or the holiday house he and his wife Plaxy have found in Puglia, Made at Home is a celebration of favourite vegetables combined in vibrant salads or fresh seasonal stews, along with generous fish and meat dishes and cakes to share. Early every evening, Giorgio’s ‘other family’, the chefs and front of house staff at his restaurant, Locanda Locatelli, sit down together to eat, and Giorgio reveals the recipes for their best-loved meals, the Tuesday Pizza and the Saturday ‘Italian’ Burger.
In a series of features he also takes favourite ingredients or themes and develops them in four different ways, amid ideas for wholesome snacks, from mozzarella and ham calzoncini (pasties) to ricotta and swiss chard erbazzone (a traditional pie), crostini to put out with drinks, and fresh fruit ice creams and sorbets to round off a meal in true Italian style.
Reviews of Made at Home: The food I cook for the people I love
- Praise for Giorgio Locatelli:
- ‘Made in Italy is quite simply the perfect book…Buy this and you’ll never want to look at another Italian cookbook again’ Gordon Ramsay, The Times
- ‘This book is nothing short of a masterpiece’ Nigel Slater
- ‘Packed with delicious recipes, many from his restaurant, and the reminiscences from his life, it is the ultimate gift for anyone interested in Italian food’ Telegraph
- ‘Giorgio Locatelli’s Made in Italy …deserves to become a classic’ Waterstone’s