‘If there are thriller writers better than this, I’d like to know who they are.’ Jack Higgins
It is February 1940, and England is desperate to find out when and how Hitler will make his move west toward France. Eva Bernhardt, a young sleeper agent in Berlin who has been seduced into spying by a roguish MI6 agent, receives a vital piece of information and makes a run for it. But the Germans are on to her fast – too fast. In a lethal game of ruse and counter-ruse, the British and Germans engage in an intelligence war. Uncertain whom to trust, Eva must take her future into her own hands – and with it, perhaps, the future of the entire war.
A book to devour at one sitting, with dazzling set pieces, unpredictable twists and unforgettable characters.
Reviews of A Game of Spies
- Praise for ‘A Gathering of Spies’:
- ‘A ripping read, a book to devour at one sitting.’ Alan Hill, Daily Telegraph
- ‘An exceptional page turner.’ Bookseller
- ‘A sizzling zinger of a classic spy story, full of action, suspense and wheels within wheels. With his lean, taut style, Altman doesn’t waste a word. Wow!’ Stephen Coonts
- ‘A pulse-pounding debut thriller.’ Glamour